Last Updated: 09/08/2022

Planning Code Violation Complaint Form

This form is used to report Planning Code violations on private properties. There is no fee to file a complaint. Please be sure to provide accurate information. We accept anonymous complaints, but information that is incorrect or insufficient may hamper the investigation. Please note the information that you provide may be disclosed in response to a Public Records Request. Find out more about how to file a complaint here.

In addition to filing a complaint, there are a number of other options available to you:

  • Make Contact with the responsible person. Describe your perception of the problem and discuss how the problem affects you, including possible solutions.
  • Attend Neighborhood Organization Meetings and get involved with solving the problem. Review this resource to see if your neighborhood is represented by an organization.
  • Community Boards: Ongoing concerns and conflicts between neighbors and businesses about issues that are beyond the jurisdiction of City agencies, can be referred to an independent neighborhood conflict resolution / mediation agency called Community Boards. Community Boards provide San Francisco residents, consumers, businesses, and neighborhood organizations with no-cost and low-cost mediation services as an alternative to expensive and burdensome legal actions. Find out more information on Community Boards or by call 415.920.3820.

Note on Anonymous SubmissionS: Complaints can also be filed anonymously through the City’s online 311 system. We will do our best to resolve the issue, however anonymous complaints are often more challenging to address if we are unable to follow-up with complainants for additional information, which is often critical in violation abatement.

PDF versions of these forms are fillable. To save any text entered in the form, first download it to your computer or network drive (right-click or ctrl-click) then complete and save the file. If you complete the form using the browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc) the text is not retained. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, download the latest version here free of charge.

For questions, you can call the Planning counter at 628.652.7300 or email where planners are able to assist you.

Español: Para información en Español llamar al 628.652.7550. Tenga en cuenta que el Departamento de Planificación necesitará al menos un día hábil para responder.

中文: 如果您需要中文的帮助, 请致电628.652.7550。请注意, 计划部门至少需要一个工作日才能做出回应。

Tagalog: Para sa impormasyon sa Tagalog tumawag sa 628.652.7550. Paki tandaan na mangangailangan ang Planning Department ng hindi kukulangin sa isang araw na pantrabaho para makasagot.

Related Documents