In response to the continued surge in cases to the highly contagious Delta variant of COVID-19 in San Francisco, the Pre-Application process will continue, but with the following adjustments:
- Applicants should mail the pre-app notices to adjacent neighbors and neighborhood organizations per usual, but with the addition of a copy of the plans (no smaller than 8.5”x 11”). If no schematic plans exist for the project, that must be indicated on the notice.
- Applicants must also e-mail the neighborhood organizations, as physical mail and post office boxes may not be checked at this time. Neighborhood organization email addresses can be found in Column J of the Neighborhood Groups List. If there is no email address provided, standard mail will be considered in compliance.
- Meetings: Project sponsors should host a video conference meeting until further notice. The Pre-Application Meeting notice should indicate a day and time period during which the Sponsor will be available to take phone calls from interested parties and host a video conference meeting. Sponsors are required to provide either a local phone number or a toll-free number for interested parties to dial-in to the video conferencing meeting. Both the dial-in telephone number and video conferencing options should appear on the notice, understanding that many members of the public will not have video conferencing technology.
- Duration: Applicant must continue to follow the 14-day notice period prior to hosting a video conferencing meeting. This process must conclude prior to submitting a project with the City.
The Pre-Application (Pre-App) Community Outreach Process is required prior to submitting permits or land use application for projects with certain scopes of work, as outlined below:
- Projects subject to 311 Notification that include:
- New Construction;
- Any vertical addition of 7 feet or more;
- Any horizontal addition of 10 feet or more;
- Decks over 10 feet above grade or within the required rear yard;
- All Formula Retail uses subject to a Conditional Use Authorization;
- Community Business Priority Processing (CB3P); and
- Projects in PDR-1-B Districts subject to Section 313.
The Project Sponsor may opt to have a Planning Department Facilitated Pre‐Application Meeting instead of a meeting on or proximate to the proposed project site.
For questions, you can call the Planning counter at 628.652.7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where planners are able to assist you.
Español: Para información en Español llamar al 628.652.7550. Tenga en cuenta que el Departamento de Planificación necesitará al menos un día hábil para responder.
中文: 如果您需要中文的帮助, 请致电628.652.7550。请注意, 计划部门至少需要一个工作日才能做出回应。
Tagalog: Para sa impormasyon sa Tagalog tumawag sa 628.652.7550. Paki tandaan na mangangailangan ang Planning Department ng hindi kukulangin sa isang araw na pantrabaho para makasagot.