Bayview Industrial Triangle Update
Monday, August 26, 2019RSVP
The Bayview Industrial Triangle, a former Redevelopment Agency Plan Area, is included in the Bayview Industrial Triangle Plan. Adopted in 1980 by the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency and the City of San Francisco, the Plan included numerous policies that supported:
- Preserving and expanding the industrial and commercial development;
- Creating a buffer between industrial areas and residential/commercial uses on 3rd Street; and
- Address blight and support economic development.
Currently, the zoning use for the Bayview Industrial Triangle is set to expire on June 30, 2020. With this in mind, Planning is proposing to study this portion of the Bayview Industrial Triangle and consider zoning refinements.
The overall goal of the study is to evaluate opportunities to better support economic development and community stabilization, protect existing industrial businesses, maintain a buffer between industrial and residential uses, and allow for a range of industrial, mixed-use commercial, and residential spaces to the area as it grows.
More specifically, this may include:
- Analyzing existing neighborhood conditions and land use policies;
- Establish more defined zoning requirements for BIT parcels to ensure continued protection of industrial uses while accommodating other uses, such as residential and neighborhood retail, and
- Collaborate with and solicit feedback from key stakeholders to ensure updates can meet the community’s needs.
We encourage businesses and residents in the Bayview Industrial Triangle to join us on August 26th to provide initial feedback. The community will also have an opportunity to comment on this effort at the Bayview CAC meeting on September 4th for potential endorsement.