Historic Preservation Commission
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Instructions for Calling-In to a Meeting
- DIAL the number listed for the meeting toll-free at 1 (415) 655-0001.
- Enter the Access Code for this meeting: 146 822 8938 then press #. If prompted for an Attendee ID, just press #.
Please note: the Access Code will change for every meeting.
- Stop and LISTEN.
- Wait for Public Comment to be announced (by Item # or for General Public Comment).
- When the Commission/Hearing Secretary calls Public Comment, press *3 to raise your hand.
- Once you raise your hand, you will hear the prompt, “You have raised your hand to ask a question. Please wait to speak until the host calls on you.” If you no longer want to submit public comment, press*3 to lower your hand.
- Wait for your turn to speak.
- When you hear the prompt, “Your line is unmuted” – THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENT.
- The Commission/Hearing Secretary will indicate how much time you have to provide your comments. You will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
- Once your public comment time have ended, you will be moved out of the speaker line and back listening as a participant in the meeting (unless you disconnect).
- Participants who wish to speak on other items on the Agenda or for other comment periods may stay on the meeting line and listen for the Commission/Hearing Secretary's next prompt.
Please be advised that the notices provided below may not represent a complete list of items scheduled to be considered at a public hearing. For a complete list of items scheduled to be considered at a particular public hearing, please refer to the posted agenda.
Notice is hereby given to the general public that application involving the property and/or issue described below has been filed with the Planning Department for review as set forth in the City Planning Code. The Historic Preservation Commission intends to hold a PUBLIC HEARING on this item and on other matters on Wednesday, July 21, 2021, beginning at 12:30 p.m. or later. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Historic Preservation Commission may conduct this hearing remotely using videoconferencing technology or in-person at City Hall. Additional information may be found on the Department’s website
2021-004293COA: 55 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive – located between John F. Kennedy Drive, Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, and Music Concourse Drive, Lot 001 in Assessor’s Block 1700 (District 1, District 5). Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for the temporary installation of illuminated letters on the frieze of the Spreckels Temple of Music. The temporary installation will be removed after two years. The subject property is Landmark No. 249, Music Concourse, Golden Gate Park and is located in a P (Public) Zoning District and an OS Height and Bulk District. For further information, call Michelle Taylor at 628-652-7352 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about Record No. 2021-004293COA
It is strongly recommended that persons submit their comments in writing in advance of the hearing. Written comments may be submitted via email directly to the case planner.
Persons who are unable to attend the scheduled Historic Preservation Commission hearing may submit written comments regarding these cases to the individuals listed for each above via email or at the Planning Department, 49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94103. Comments received by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the hearing will be made a part of the official record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission.
Pursuant to Government Code § 65009, if you challenge, in court, the approval of a conditional use, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Corey A. Teague