Historic Preservation Commission
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Instructions for Calling-In to a Meeting
- DIAL the number listed for the meeting toll-free at 1 (415) 655-0001.
- Enter the Access Code for this meeting: 187 191 3815 then press #. If prompted for an Attendee ID, just press #.
Please note: the Access Code will change for every meeting.
- Stop and LISTEN.
- Wait for Public Comment to be announced (by Item # or for General Public Comment).
- When the Commission/Hearing Secretary calls Public Comment, press *3 to raise your hand.
- Once you raise your hand, you will hear the prompt, “You have raised your hand to ask a question. Please wait to speak until the host calls on you.” If you no longer want to submit public comment, press*3 to lower your hand.
- Wait for your turn to speak.
- When you hear the prompt, “Your line is unmuted” – THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENT.
- The Commission/Hearing Secretary will indicate how much time you have to provide your comments. You will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
- Once your public comment time have ended, you will be moved out of the speaker line and back listening as a participant in the meeting (unless you disconnect).
- Participants who wish to speak on other items on the Agenda or for other comment periods may stay on the meeting line and listen for the Commission/Hearing Secretary's next prompt.
Please be advised that the notices provided below may not represent a complete list of items scheduled to be considered at a public hearing. For a complete list of items scheduled to be considered at a particular public hearing, please refer to the posted agenda.
Notice is hereby given to the general public that applications involving the properties and/or issues described below have been filed with the Planning Department for review as set forth in the City Planning Code. The Historic Preservation Commission intends to hold a PUBLIC HEARING on these items and on other matters on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, beginning at 12:30 p.m. or later, in City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 400. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Historic Preservation Commission may be required to conduct this hearing remotely. Additional information may be found on the Department's website.
2021-002933PCA [Board File No. 210285] – Small Business Recovery Act: Ordinance amending the Planning Code to adopt and implement the Small Business Recovery Act by, among other things: 1) expanding streamlined review and inspection procedures to principally permitted storefront uses Citywide; 2) deleting separate definitions of “Cat Boarding,” “Gym,” “Trade Shop,” and “Services, Instructional” from the Planning Code; 3) allowing permitted conditional uses to continue after three years of abandonment; 4) allowing Outdoor Activity Areas on rooftops; 5) allowing accessory catering uses in Restaurants; 6) allowing accessory dwelling units on the ground floor in Neighborhood Commercial, Chinatown Business, and Chinatown Visitor Districts; 7) allowing temporary outdoor entertainment, arts and recreation activities; 8) deleting certain conditional use finding requirements for Nighttime Entertainment use; 9) deleting conditional use findings related to formula retail concentrations in certain districts; 10) requiring expedited permit processing for commercial uses on the ground floor; 11) shortening the time for the Historic Preservation Commission to request review of minor alteration permits and certificates of appropriateness; 12) extending time for limited live performances from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.; 13) allowing additional One-Time Entertainment Permits and One-Time Outdoor Amplified Sound Permits; 14) exempting single individual performances without amplification from permit requirements; affirming the Planning Department’s determination under the California Environmental Quality Act; and making findings of consistency with the General Plan, and the eight priority policies of Planning Code, Section 101.1, and findings of public necessity, convenience, and welfare under Planning Code, Section 302. For further information, call Sheila Nickolopoulos at (628) 652-7442 or email at Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about Case No.2021-002933PCA.
It is strongly recommended that persons submit their comments in writing in advance of the hearing. Written comments may be submitted via email directly to the case planner.
Persons who are unable to attend the scheduled Commission hearing may submit written comments regarding these cases to the individuals listed for each case above via email or at the Planning Department, 49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94103. Comments received by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the hearing will be made as part of the official record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission.
Pursuant to Government Code § 65009, if you challenge, in court, the approval of a conditional use, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Corey A. Teague