Historic Preservation Commission
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Instructions for Calling-In to a Meeting
- DIAL the number listed for the meeting toll-free at 1 (415) 655-0001.
- Enter the Access Code for this meeting: 2493 039 8886 then press #. If prompted for an Attendee ID, just press #.
Please note: the Access Code will change for every meeting.
- Stop and LISTEN.
- Wait for Public Comment to be announced (by Item # or for General Public Comment).
- When the Commission/Hearing Secretary calls Public Comment, press *3 to raise your hand.
- Once you raise your hand, you will hear the prompt, “You have raised your hand to ask a question. Please wait to speak until the host calls on you.” If you no longer want to submit public comment, press*3 to lower your hand.
- Wait for your turn to speak.
- When you hear the prompt, “Your line is unmuted” – THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENT.
- The Commission/Hearing Secretary will indicate how much time you have to provide your comments. You will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
- Once your public comment time have ended, you will be moved out of the speaker line and back listening as a participant in the meeting (unless you disconnect).
- Participants who wish to speak on other items on the Agenda or for other comment periods may stay on the meeting line and listen for the Commission/Hearing Secretary's next prompt.
Notice is hereby given to the general public that applications involving the properties and/or issues described below have been filed with the Planning Department for review as set forth in the City Planning Code. The Planning Commission intends to hold a PUBLIC HEARING on these items and on other matters on Wednesday, July 20, 2022, beginning at 12:30 p.m. or later. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Planning Commission may conduct this hearing remotely using videoconferencing technology or in-person at City Hall. Additional information may be found on the Department’s website.
2020-006466COA: 621 WALLER STREET– South side of Waller Street between Carmelita and Pierce Streets; Lot 023 in Assessor’s Block 0864 (District RTO) - Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness, pursuant to Article 10 of the Planning Code, to abate violations and comply with Planning Enforcement Case No. 2020-008528ENF. The project scope includes legalization of work performed without permits including reconstruction of front entry wood stairs, repair and reconstruction of front decorative railings, re-roofing, and the addition of four new skylights. Additional unpermitted work proposed for legalization includes alterations to the rear of the building such as repair/restoration of the wood siding, removal of window openings, and the addition of new window and door openings. Proposed new work will include site grading and drainage improvements at front of property, window repairs, and the removal of two skylights added without permits. 621 Waller Street has a Mills Act Historical Property Contract and is located within the Duboce Landmark District. The property is within the RESIDENTIAL TRANSIT ORIENTED DISTRICT Zoning District and a 40-X Height and Bulk District. A Planning Commission approval at the public hearing would constitute the Approval Action for the project for the purposes of CEQA, pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code Section 31.04(h). For further information, call Michelle A. Taylor at 628-652-7352 or email at Michelle.Taylor@sfgov.org and ask about Record No. 2020-006466COA.
It is strongly recommended that persons submit their comments in writing in advance of the hearing. Written comments may be submitted via email directly to the case planner.
Persons who are unable to attend the scheduled Commission hearing may submit written comments regarding these cases to the individuals listed for each above via email or at the Planning Department, 49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94103. Comments received by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the hearing will be made a part of the official record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission.
Pursuant to Government Code § 65009, if you challenge, in court, the approval of a conditional use, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Corey A. Teague
49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94103