Historic Preservation Commission
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Instructions for Calling-In to a Meeting
- DIAL the number listed for the meeting toll-free at 1 (415) 655-0001.
- Enter the Access Code for this meeting: 2482 893 0289 then press #. If prompted for an Attendee ID, just press #.
Please note: the Access Code will change for every meeting.
- Stop and LISTEN.
- Wait for Public Comment to be announced (by Item # or for General Public Comment).
- When the Commission/Hearing Secretary calls Public Comment, press *3 to raise your hand.
- Once you raise your hand, you will hear the prompt, “You have raised your hand to ask a question. Please wait to speak until the host calls on you.” If you no longer want to submit public comment, press*3 to lower your hand.
- Wait for your turn to speak.
- When you hear the prompt, “Your line is unmuted” – THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENT.
- The Commission/Hearing Secretary will indicate how much time you have to provide your comments. You will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
- Once your public comment time have ended, you will be moved out of the speaker line and back listening as a participant in the meeting (unless you disconnect).
- Participants who wish to speak on other items on the Agenda or for other comment periods may stay on the meeting line and listen for the Commission/Hearing Secretary's next prompt.
Notice is hereby given to the general public that application involving the property and/or issue described below has been filed with the Planning Department for review as set forth in the City Planning Code. The Historic Preservation Commission intends to hold a PUBLIC HEARING on this item and on other matters on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, beginning at 12:30 p.m. or later. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Historic Preservation Commission may conduct this hearing remotely using videoconferencing technology or in-person at City Hall. Additional information may be found on the Department’s website.
2022-001066COA: 50-52 FAIR OAKS STREET – West side of Fair Oaks Street between 21st and 22nd Streets; Lot 045 in Assessor's Block 3618 (District 8) - Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness, pursuant to Article 10 of the Planning Code, to revise a project approved through Historic Preservation Commission Motion No. 0367 on March 6, 2019. Revisions include the replacement of 400 square feet of roof area behind an existing historic raised parapet with a new sloped roof on the north side and a 135 square foot roof deck on the south side; the concealment of mechanical equipment below the new sloping roof section; a new window and door on the east elevation of the approved 3rd floor addition; and a revised window schedule to the previously approved permit. The subject property is located within the Liberty-Hill Historic District, an RH-3 (Residential – House, Three Family) Zoning District, and a 40-X Height and Bulk District. A Historic Preservation Commission approval at the public hearing would constitute the Approval Action for the project for the purposes of CEQA, pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code Section 31.04(h). For further information, call Chris Wendt at (628) 652-7583 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about Case No. 2022-001066COA.
It is strongly recommended that persons submit their comments in writing in advance of the hearing. Written comments may be submitted via email directly to the case planner.
Persons who are unable to attend the scheduled Commission hearing may submit written comments regarding these cases to the individuals listed for each above via email or at the Planning Department, 49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94103. Comments received by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the hearing will be made a part of the official record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission.
Pursuant to Government Code § 65009, if you challenge, in court, the approval of a conditional use, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Corey A. Teague
49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94103