Thursday, October 1, 2020
Instructions for Calling-In to a Meeting
- DIAL the number listed for the meeting toll-free at 1 (415) 655-0001.
- Enter the Access Code for this meeting: 146 717 8911 then press #. If prompted for an Attendee ID, just press #.
Please note: the Access Code will change for every meeting.
- Stop and LISTEN.
- Wait for Public Comment to be announced (by Item # or for General Public Comment).
- When the Commission/Hearing Secretary calls Public Comment, press *3 to raise your hand.
- Once you raise your hand, you will hear the prompt, “You have raised your hand to ask a question. Please wait to speak until the host calls on you.” If you no longer want to submit public comment, press*3 to lower your hand.
- Wait for your turn to speak.
- When you hear the prompt, “Your line is unmuted” – THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE YOUR PUBLIC COMMENT.
- The Commission/Hearing Secretary will indicate how much time you have to provide your comments. You will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
- Once your public comment time have ended, you will be moved out of the speaker line and back listening as a participant in the meeting (unless you disconnect).
- Participants who wish to speak on other items on the Agenda or for other comment periods may stay on the meeting line and listen for the Commission/Hearing Secretary's next prompt.
Please be advised that the notices provided below may not represent a complete list of items scheduled to be considered at a public hearing. For a complete list of items scheduled to be considered at a particular public hearing, please refer to the posted agenda.
Notice is hereby given to the general public that applications involving the properties/and or issues described below have been filed with the Planning Department for review as set forth in the City Planning Code. The Planning Commission intends to hold a PUBLIC HEARING on these items and on other matters on Thursday, October 1, 2020, beginning at 1:00 p.m. or later, in City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 400. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Planning Commission may be required to conduct this hearing remotely. Additional information may be found on the Department's website.
2020-004031CUA: 1301 Stockton Street – located on the northwest corner of Stockton at Broadway; Lot 005 in Assessor’s Block 0147 (District 3) – Request for Conditional Use Authorization pursuant to Planning Code Sections 303.1 and 810 to expand an existing Formula Retail Financial Service use, d.b.a. East West Bank, at the ground floor. The Project includes a mandatory seismic soft story retrofit and modifications of the exterior storefronts and signage. A Planning Commission approval at the public hearing would constitute the Approval Action for the project for the purposes of CEQA, pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code Section 31.04(h). For further information, call Alexandra Kirby at (628) 652-7336 or email at email@example.com and ask about Case No. 2020-004031CUA
2020-002118DRP: 1039 Carolina Street – between 22nd and 23rd Streets; Lot 038 in Assessor’s Block 4161 (District 10) - Request for Discretionary Review of Building Permit Application No. 2020.0206.3735 to legalize a second dwelling unit and construct front, side, and rear additions (approximately 1,191 square feet) and front and rear roof decks at the third floor to a single-family dwelling within the RH-2 (Residential House, Two-Family) Zoning District and 40-X Height and Bulk District. This action constitutes the Approval Action for the project for the purposes of CEQA, pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code Section 31.04(h). For further information, call David Winslow at (628) 652-7335 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about Case No. 2020-002118DRP.
2019-000265DRP: 757 3rd Avenue – between Fulton and Cabrillo Streets; Lot 010 in Assessor’s Block 1646 (District 1) - Request for Discretionary Review of Building Permit Application No. 2018.1219.8795 to construct a rear horizontal addition to a two-story single family house within the RH-1 (Residential House, One-Family) Zoning District and 40-X Height and Bulk District. This action constitutes the Approval Action for the project for the purposes of CEQA, pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code Section 31.04(h). For further information, call David Winslow at (628) 652-7335 or email at email@example.com and ask about Case No. 2019-000265DRP.
It is strongly recommended that persons submit their comments in writing in advance of the hearing. Written comments may be submitted via email directly to the case planner.
Persons who are unable to attend the scheduled Commission hearing may submit written comments regarding these cases to the individuals listed for each case above via email or at the Planning Department, 49 South Van Ness Avenue, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94103. Comments received by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the hearing will be made as part of the official record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission.
Pursuant to Government Code § 65009, if you challenge, in court, the approval of a conditional use, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Corey A. Teague