Southeast Rail Station Study
The Southeast Rail Station Study (SERSS) is exploring options for future station locations on the Caltrain corridor in southeastern San Francisco.
In the News
- Bayview residents divided over proposed locations for long-awaited Caltrain station – May 11, 2022, SF Business Times
- Public transit fails its mission in the Bayview – November 22, 2021, SF Examiner
- A new Caltrain station in the Bayview: Here’s the plan – October 8, 2021, SF Examiner
In partnership with Caltrain, the City of San Francisco is planning for the future of the Caltrain corridor between the existing 4th and King Station and the Bayshore Station.
The Electrification of Caltrain service is underway, which will bring more and cleaner train service to San Francisco. Future projects also include the future Pennsylvania Avenue Extension (PAX) tunnel that was adopted by the Mayor's Office and the Board of Supervisors at the conclusion of the Rail Alignment and Benefits Study in 2018.
The PAX tunnel is still under concept development and the final concept may require the redesign or relocation of the existing 22nd Street Station.
|March 2020||Study Initiation|
|October 2021-January 2022||Public Outreach|
|May 12, 2022||Presentation at Planning Commission hearing|
|June 9, 2022||Community Meeting|
|July 2022||Presentation at Planning Commission hearing|
|July 2022||Presentation at San Francisco County Transportation Authority Board meeting|
|August 2022||Project Completion|
Fall 2021 Workshop Summaries
Please view our introductory video, which summarizes some of the information presented at the first round of outreach workshops.
Workshop Round 1 - Project Basics (October 2021)
- English: https://youtu.be/JryvWQR8_fs
- Spanish: https://youtu.be/zwXYM86tXs8
- Cantonese: https://youtu.be/rvAHnzkJJi8
Workshop Round 2 - Conversations About Locations (November 2021)