Department Facilitated Pre-Application Meeting
In response to the continued surge in COVID-19 in San Francisco, the Pre-Application process will continue, but with the following adjustments:
- Applicants should mail the pre-app notices to adjacent neighbors and neighborhood organizations per usual, but with the addition of a copy of the plans (no smaller than 8.5”x 11”). If no schematic plans exist for the project, that must be indicated on the notice.
- Applicants must also e-mail the neighborhood organizations, as physical mail and post office boxes may not be checked at this time. Neighborhood organization email addresses can be found in Column G of the Neighborhood Groups List. If there is no email address provided, standard mail will be considered in compliance.
- Meetings: Starting July 1, 2022, Pre-Application Meetings must be conducted in a hybrid manner. The applicant should include a phone number, video conferencing link, and a meeting location on the Pre-Application notice.
- Duration: Applicant must continue to follow the 14-day notice period prior to hosting a pre-application meeting. This process must conclude prior to submitting a project with the City.
The Pre-Application Community Outreach Process is required prior to submitting permits or land use application for projects with certain scopes of work, as outlined below:
- Projects subject to 311 Notification that include:
- New Construction;
- Any vertical addition of 7 feet or more;
- Any horizontal addition of 10 feet or more;
- Decks over 10 feet above grade or within the required rear yard;
- All Formula Retail uses subject to a Conditional Use Authorization;
- Community Business Priority Processing (CB3P); and
- Projects in PDR-1-G Districts subject to Section 313.
The Project Sponsor may opt to have a Planning Department Facilitated Pre‐Application Meeting instead of a meeting on or proximate to the proposed project site. The meeting will be held at the Planning Department during regular business hours for one hour. The Project Sponsor is required to perform the mailing and noticing requirements as outlined in the Pre-Application packet. A planner will attend to answer questions about the Planning Code and review process, but will not discuss the Department’s position on the proposal.
For questions, you can call the Planning counter at 628.652.7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where planners are able to assist you.
Español: Para información en Español llamar al 628.652.7550. Tenga en cuenta que el Departamento de Planificación necesitará al menos un día hábil para responder.
中文: 如果您需要中文的帮助, 请致电628.652.7550。请注意, 计划部门至少需要一个工作日才能做出回应。
Tagalog: Para sa impormasyon sa Tagalog tumawag sa 628.652.7550. Paki tandaan na mangangailangan ang Planning Department ng hindi kukulangin sa isang araw na pantrabaho para makasagot.