Project Application (PRJ)
A Project Application is the primary means by which the Planning Department collects information necessary to conduct environmental evaluation, determine Planning Code compliance and conformity with the General Plan for a proposed development project.
For projects that are required to submit a Project Application, project review will not begin unless a complete Project Application has been submitted and accepted by the Planning Department. In order to consider a Project Application accepted, the application must be accompanied by all required supporting materials (e.g. plan sets, letters of authorization, etc.) and all relevant supplemental applications.
There are three kinds of Project Applications. Please select the appropriate Project Application for your project and complete all required fields and the checklist within.
For small-scale residential projects (6 dwelling units or less, decks, remodels, additions, façade alterations etc.)
For small-scale commercial-only projects (formula retail, changes of use that require a conditional use authorization etc.)
For all other projects (residential and commercial projects, projects with more than 6 dwelling units, buildings over 10,000 sqft etc.)
How to Submit
To submit your Project Application (PRJ) materials for a Planning Approval Letter, you have two options:
- Accela Citizen Access (ACA) Public Portal: No need to complete this entire PDF application. Instead, complete the PRJ application online through the public portal. Only complete the PRJ checklist within this application along with any other required documents identified within the PRJ application.
- Email: Submit a completed PDF application and all required documents identified within the application to CPC.Intake@sfgov.org
A few project types do not require the submission of a Project Application. These include:
- SB-423 (Affordable Housing Streamlined Approval) projects
- AB-2011 (Affordable Housing and High Roads Job Act Supplemental) projects
- SB-9 (Streamlined Housing Development Supplemental) projects
- State ADUs
- Unauthorized Dwelling Unit Screenings
- Temporary Use Authorizations or
- Preliminary Housing Development Application
For these project types please email the required PDF to CPC.Intake@sfgov.org.
Transportation Review Fee: SFMTA collects a fee separately for costs related to the review of development projects – the Planning Department informs applicants during the Project Application review process if they must pay these fees.
For questions, you can call the Planning counter at 628.652.7300 or email email@example.com where planners are able to assist you.
Español: Para información en Español llamar al 628.652.7550. Tenga en cuenta que el Departamento de Planificación necesitará al menos un día hábil para responder.
中文: 如果您需要中文的帮助, 请致电628.652.7550。请注意, 计划部门至少需要一个工作日才能做出回应。
Tagalog: Para sa impormasyon sa Tagalog tumawag sa 628.652.7550. Paki tandaan na mangangailangan ang Planning Department ng hindi kukulangin sa isang araw na pantrabaho para makasagot.